Thursday, January 23, 2014

My Foul Medammes Recipe #2

kacang pool resipi
My quick and easy foul medammes recipe no #2


Ok this is just a slight variation of my lazy foul recipe no #1. You know how you sometimes just chuck in an ingredient or two and omit another in its place and the dish turns out slightly different but if you don't write it down you will not be able to recall what is the one ingredient that you put it? For me not to experience that sometimes frustrating experience, I will just post this entry and name this dish:

My foul recipe no #2 (yes I know, very original).


My lazy style is always dump everything inside the foul :p so

1) 1 small onion - sliced
2) 1 green chili - sliced (half to saute, half to garnish)
3) 2 tbsp tomato puree
4) 3/4 tbsp curry powder
5) 1 tsp cumin powder
6) 1 tsp fennel powder
7) dash of black pepper
8) 1 tbsp tomato sauce
9) 1 can foul medammes - mashed
10) some oil to saute
11) a bit of water just to prevent it from drying out
12) salt
13) 1 tomato - diced to garnish

How to cook foul medammes the lazy way:


1) heat up the oil and saute the onion, chili, tomato puree, curry powder, cumin powder, fennel powder

2) add in the can of foul, mash it up a bit (add a bit of water if it dries up)

3) add in the tomato sauce and black pepper

4) salt to taste.

Serve on a plate and garnish with green chili and diced tomato. Eat with bread.

*optional: Malaysians and Singaporeans like to eat this dish with egg sunny side up.

No comments:

Post a Comment