Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Halal Steak Singapore : Le Steak by Chef Amri @ 248 Jalan Kayu

halal romantic restaurants singapore
Halal Steak house Singapore - Le Steak by Chef Amri

UPDATE: Dear Readers, this place is now closed due to Chef Amri's health. Pray that he gets better soon and get backs in the f&b scene in Singapore. 

Hello!! Halal steak in Singapore??? Really is it a good one? Like Halal Wagyu and Halal Angus not the halal steaks at Swensen's or Eatzi Gourmet ?? Hmmm... intriguing.. when I heard about halal steak by a chef at Le Steak by Chef Amri.. of course I was dying to try it out! As there is currently a dearth of good halal steak with nice ambience in Singapore, we got to check this one out!

Pretty excited BUT the location (Jalan Kayu) was a bit off for me. Nevertheless, I got my younger sis to tag along and we hailed a cab to 248 Jalan Kayu. In case you are wondering where in the world is 248 Jalan Kayu, it's the same stretch as Thohirah Restaurant that sells Roti Prata.

le steak halal singapore review
The menu at Le Steak by Chef Amri

halal steak singapore
Halal Steak @ Le Steak by Chef Amri - the menu

The set-up looks a bit small-ish there's an alfresco area and also indoor dining area but I am not sure if the indoor dining is only one level or two levels. Le Steak website states that no reservation is needed and we can just walk in BUT some come in big parties so we waited for a bit. Without reservation, I don't think it is a good idea to come with small kids as the waiting area is not so child friendly plus its by a road side so quite dangerous if your boys are like mine always jumping and hopping and kicking.

Fortunately, that day, I went sans kids and sis and I sat at the alfresco area. We ordered Artisan Bread, Wagyu Steak, Lamb Rack, Creme Brulee and Lava Cake. 

romantic birthday dinner halal restaurant singapore
Halal Wagyu Steaks in Singapore - Le Steak by Chef Amri


We didn't have to wait long for our food which is a good thing I guess. The waiter forgot our Artisan Bread, but I don't quite mind since I think we over ordered. The Wagyu Steak and Lamb Rack comes with roasted potatoes and mesclun salad. The sides can't be changed to chips or mashed potato :( Main dish came and Wagyu Steak was quite big and the meat tender. But I am no steak enthusiast so I can not tell you how the marbling is and how it compares to a sirloin steak :p I actually don't like my meat with fat, I like it lean so I guess the marbling is wasted on me. The sauce is weak but I read that you are supposed to enjoy the wagyu on its own to savour the full flavour of the meat. Me?  I just ate the meat on its own cos I felt that the sauce was bland. The sides were very disappointing. .Roasted potato was drenched in olive oil and so you can't taste the rosemary or even the garlic. The mesclun salad sounded far better that it tasted. It was nothing but a few green leaves again bathed in olive oil. I would much prefer crunchy leaves, slices of fruits and slivered nuts with a more imaginative salad dressing. Sad!


singapore halal lamb chops
Halal Lamb Rack @ Le Steak by Chef Amri 


The lamb rack tasted exactly the same as the Wagyu steak in terms of seasoning except that they were more generous with the black pepper on the lamb. Boring! Though the lamb was tender, I much prefer lamb with mint sauce or honey and mascarpone.


romantic halal restaurant singapore
Singapore halal steak house : Le Steak by Chef Amri 

Desert came with creme brulee first since the waiter forgot the lava cake (Ok, I get it the place was packed) the creme brulee didn't "crack" when you hit the torched sugar with the spoon but the texture of the creme brulee was nice and it wasn't sickeningly sweet nor creamy. I like the fact that they pair it with raspberries giving the creme brulee a sweet twist.

singapore food blog halal
Halal Steak in Singapore : Le Steak by Chef Amri

The lava cake was a tad too dense for me, it was ok but I didn't go like OMG I am dying from chocolate overdose. Which is what I like to look for when indulging in lava cake. The ice cream was also very ordinary.

Overall, it was a nice dinner considering the price and also Singapore's limited halal steak house scene. Maybe a good place to bring your loved ones for a romantic halal dinner too but the location is a bit off if you don't drive or ride.

Le Steak by Chef Amri address is at 248 Jalan Kayu

Call Le Steak at 6556 3588

Opening Hours :
Sat, Sun and PH : 12.00pm - 11.00pm
Mon - Fri & Eve of PH : 3.00pm - 11.0pm

Map of Le Steak:




View Larger Map

1 comment:

  1. That's a nice info. Thank you author 😊 I'm still surveying on which place would be suitable for me to bring my family to enjoy delicious steak 😍 This is one of the articles that I refer to https://hyperlocalnation.com/singapore_post/28-best-steak-company-in-singapore/

    ReplyDelete