Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Kids trip to the Dentist @ Kota Damansara

Mikail's dental visit at Kota Damansara



Time for a dental check up for the kids but We can't make it back to Singapore to see our favorite dentist so.. have to make do with a dentist trip here in Malaysia.. asked around for recommendations as our personal experience(hubby and mine not the kids) with one of the dentist here was like a horror story. Mikail's classmate's mum recommended Dentessence at Dataran Sunway and I made an appoiontment soon after. 

Actually, the first time we came was because Mikail had one really wriggly tooth that was all out on one side and then still a bit rooted on the other side.. so.. I was too scared to take it out and I said let's just get the dentist to pull it out and the other one as well as the adult tooth is already showing behind the milk tooth. Took a bit of coaxing and he finally said ok. I was just scared that if we delay the pulling out of the tooth, he will have crooked or layered teeth..

When we came however, the dentist said that she prefers to let the tooth come out on its own (the second one) as she don't want children to grow up scared of dentists.. but she will help me pull out the first loose tooth. It was over in a few seconds and she was super gentle with my boy. That few seconds costed me RM50 though hmm.. oklah cos I pity my son as he was having difficulty eating with that loose tooth hanging around. 

The dentist also told me not to worry about the second tooth and that it is perfectly natural for the adult tooth to come out at the back and to just wait for it to come off.. oklah Mikail at least you don't have to be injected with an anesthetic and have your tooth taken out hehe.. so lucky the dentist is so pro-nature (is there even such a word ? haha) and I went back home not as worried about my son having crooked teeth 😄

We didn't do any cleaning cos I forgot to inform her about it before she pulled out the loose tooth ðŸ˜…


kids dentist pj
Umair's dental visit at Dentessence - Kota Damansara



The second time we came, I made an appointment for myself, Mikail (8) and Umair (6). Mikail went first, for cleaning and scaling.. the dentist then asked if I wanted to put in protective filling for Mikail's molars as it looks like it is difficult for him to clean that part and the filling is just so that the tooth won't be damaged until all the molars have come out properly.. I said ok.. she tried.. a few times.. but the one on the right side keeps coming off after a while.. I don't know why.. (it came off right after we exited the dental clinic too, but I didn't want to go back and let my son sit through another  round of it) (Charges for Mikail was RM90 - cleaning and scaling, RM70 each for the filling)

Umair's turn was next and she said that he is too young to do scaling.. so she will just clean his tooth a bit (that was RM20) 

My turn was last.. I haven't seen a doctor for maybe 3 years (cos of very bad pregnancy and also later taking care of baby) it was ok.. I usually don't like to go to just any dentist cos of my sensitive teeth and some dental visits can be really just oh so painful but Dr Ahbirami was very gentle and I didn't feel any sensitivities at all.. turns out she also has sensitive teeth so she knows what to look out for (haha lucky me) (Charges for me was 350 including 2 fillings) 

I snapped a picture of Mikail when he was on the chair with the dentist cleaning his teeth but I feel bad to post the picture cos I don't have her permission yeah.. So I am not posting that pic. 

Her clinic is very simple but clean and although it doesn't have games for the kids to entertain themselves while waiting (actually there was minimal waiting time when we were ther, cos we just waited for each other 😬) and no dvd player above the chair while having your tooth cleaned, I think she is a very nice dentist and can handle kids very well.. 

Dentessence is at:

No 43-2, Jln PJU 5/11, Dataran Sunway, 
Kota Damansara

T: 03-61407567

Operating hours:

Mon - Fri: 9.00 am - 6.00pm
Sat: 9.00 am - 4.00 pm

Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays

Map of Dentessence:


1 comment:

  1. Bermanfaat sekali artikelnya, kalian baca-baca juga nih, Cara Perpanjang STNK Online lebih mudah dan nyaman

    ReplyDelete