Friday, December 1, 2017

Halal Restaurant @ TTDI - Flavours Kitchen

We chanced upon Flavours Kitchen @ TTDI while heading to Santai Kitchen for dinner and decided to give it a shot (mostly because it has aircon = no smokers when indoors ๐Ÿ˜ฌ which is so important to us for a relaxing dinner with kids).

Flavours seems quite familiar, I am not sure if it is related to Flavours at Bangsar (we went there aeons ago and have never been back cos of the horrible parking and mediocre food -in my opinion- not sure if its still open)

Food served is a mix of Asian and western offerings. It works great for us cos my no 3 loves rice (nasi goreng to be exact) and my no 2 loves carbonara, so finding a place that serves both that tastes acceptable is a score for us.

We went there slightly before 8pm, there was not too many people. Decor was quite nice and relaxing, they have a small area for prayers and also an area for ablution.

Food arrived quite ok, not too late, acceptable waiting time I guess since my kids were not acting up. 

We ordered:
halal restaurants taman tun
Mushroom Soup @ Flavours Kitchen TTDI

Mushroom soup cos my no 3 likes it and I thought it will come first so it would be great to let him eat that while waiting for the mains (but the mains came quite soon after ๐Ÿ˜… The soup is not too thick and not too creamy, no hint of black pepper, overall easy on the kids throat, though I would not say it is earth shatteringly the best mushroom soup ever. But I would say that it is perfect for kids to enjoy. It comes with battered mushroom and two pieces of garlic bread (hidden in the small bowl under the battered mushrooms).


Fried Mushrooms @ Flavours Kitchen TTDI

I have to say that we went here twice, so the first time we ordered mushroom soup, the fried mushrooms that came with it were not coated in the same batter, it was nice and not spicy. The second time we came and ordered mushroom soup, it came with fried mushrooms which is the same as the above appetizer dish that my husband ordered. This time around, I find the batter to be a bit too spicy for my liking, even without dipping it in mayo / chili sauce. I didn't eat a lot of this. Mostly my husband ate this and we didn't finish it up.


restoran halal taman tun
Cheeseburger @ Flavours Kitchen - TTDI


My 2 boys enjoying their dinner :)

We ordered cheeseburger for my no 1 the first time we came. He really liked it and even my no 3 liked it very much. The patty was nice, the bun was soft, my no 1 surprisingly liked the mustard on the plate. Burger is huge for one boy but too small for two to share ๐Ÿ˜…

Carbonara for my no 2 @ Flavours Kitchen TTDI

Spaghetti Carbonara with bacon for my no 2, the sauce was thick, creamy and cheesy. Not your typical carbonara, maybe a tad too cheesy for me but still nice and sinful. (I was counting the calories while I ate the leftovers)


flavours kitchen ttdi
Steak @ Flavours Kitchen - TTDI

My no 2 also requested for steak that night, so husband got to share with him. Flavours Kitchen is no MeatPoint of course but it was an ok steak, vege was ok though the potato croquet was quite cold, sauce was so-so. Nice enough. 


Yong Chow Fried Rice @ Flavours Kitchen TTDI


This was mostly for my no 3, cos he eats fried rice everywhere we go. Fried chicken is very simple, I like the charred taste of the prawns, the fried rice is simple and perfect for toddlers. Portion is huge though and we packed for next day's breakfast.

On our way out, I saw their breakfast banner. It's an all day breakfast and they served shakshuka ๐Ÿ˜‹ so.. maybe next time we might catch breakfast there too.. the place opens early at 8am. 


All day breakfast at Flavours Kitchen TTDI


Flavours Kitchen is at:





Google maps states that it opens at 10 am - 10 pm  daily but the banner states 8 am and the facebook page states 8 am - 11 pm..

Best to call them up lah 012-213 3077 at least the phone number is consistent.


No comments:

Post a Comment