|My Simple Malaysian Fried Noodle Recipe :)|
Ok.. today the school served Nasi Lemak, so the firstborn refused to eat and I had to cook Mee Goreng Mamak at home. Mee Goreng Mamak Malaysian Style of course cos Mee Goreng Mamak Singapore style is still beyond me.
This version of Malaysian Fried Noodle is the non-spicy version since my 5 year old is not really a chili lover. After a lot of tries with different condiments at different times, I think this is the final recipe that I will be keeping for future use.
My Malaysian Fried Noodle Recipe is as follows:
500gm yellow noodle - pre wash with water and salt, toss and set aside.
1/2 medium size onion
2 thin slices of old ginger
1 fresh green chili
1 1/2 tsp pureed tomato
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tbsp chili sauce
2 tbsp tomato sauce
3 tbsp sweet soya sauce
3 tbsp sugar
300gm beef slices
spinach as desired
1 large tomatoes - cut in slices
Vegetable oil to saute - about 5 tbsp
How to cook Malaysian Fried Noodle:
1. Blend the onion, ginger and green chili.
2. Heat the vegetable oil in the wok and saute the blended ingredients.
3. Add in the pureed tomato, curry powder, chili sauce, tomato sauce, soya sauce, sugar and salt. Let the sauce marry for a bit.
4. Add the beef slices and cook till tender (if it gets too dry, add in a bit of water to prevent drying out)
5. Add in the egg.
6. At this point, taste the sauce and adjust the salt if necessary, the sauce should be a bit salty so that it will balance out after we add in the vegetables and yellow noodle as it is a bit difficult to spread the salt evenly when the yellow noodle is already in the wok.
7. Add in the spinach, tomato slices and yellow noodle.