|Universal Studios After Hours|
The previous time we went to Universal Studios Singapore at Resort World Sentosa, we didn't take much pictures so I thought this time around, we can try the Universal Studios After Hours to catch the fireworks and snap some pictures.
We arrived at USS at about 7.00pm as tickets for Universal Studios After Hours are only available on-site from 6.30pm onwards. Tickets are at SGD5.00 per person with kids under 2 years of age entering free.
We thought of praying Maghrib, grab a bite at the halal restaurant at Universal Studios Singapore and go around the place a bit while waiting for the fireworks at 9.00pm.
|Halal Restaurant at Universal Studios Singapore; Mel's Drive In|
|Iced Tea slurp!|
|Food tasted nice, a bit like Burger King and my kids ate well :)|
Here's what happened:
1) Prayer room in Universal Studios Singapore has been relocated to the Sci-Fi Section, which was closed by then to prepare for the fireworks event. So, best to perform your Maghrib first before going in for Universal Studios After Hours.
2) All the rides have been closed by 7.00pm and the only sections opened for public are "Hollywood" "New York" and "Madagascar" which you can pretty much cover in 20 mins. Picture taking opportunities are thus very limited.
3) There are no other forms of shows / entertainment from 7.00pm - 9.00pm and my kids were dead bored after eating for 30 mins and walking around the dimly lit streets for 20 mins.
4) Fireworks were super loud and colorful but scared my 3 year old son though my 2 year old enjoyed it very much. It lasted maybe for about 10 minutes.
Below are some pictures taken during Universal Studios After Hours, if you are considering coming down just to see what USS has to offer, I would say forget it, its not the same as the real thing during the day time, if you are already in Sentosa (maybe staying at the hotel there and has nothing better to do at night with the kids) and are going for USS After Hours for the fireworks, I would suggest that you come at 8.40pm.
|@ USS New York section|
|USS After Hours|
|Still at New York section of USS|
|The only thing that is entertaining-ish to the kids at USS After Hours|
Some Snippets of the fireworks show, pardon the shaky hubby hands :p
Still planning your Singapore trip? Try reading "Map Your Adventure" by Amanda Villaruel from Backpacking Tips Asia. Their e-book chapter on Malaysia and Singapore is a steal at $3.95 and covers:
- List of Must-sees and Must-do's in Malaysia/ Singapore
- How to travel around in Malaysia
- How to buy tickets in Malaysia and Singapore (buses, trains and ferries)
- 6 different Malaysia backpacking routes with recommended duration, transportation methods and tips on saving time.
Click here for more details!