|My Simple Chinese Fried Rice Recipe|
This is an easy recipe for chinese fried rice that I will whip up for my 5 year old whenever I am too busy to cook rice with dishes. I don't really put in a lot of stuff and I don't use any vegetables since my kids won't touch the vegetables. You can however add in anything else that you deem fit. This recipe is just enough for two adults or 1 adult and 2 kids since I don't like to cook a lot :)
Ingredients for the Chinese Fried Rice are as such:
1 medium sized red onion - sliced
4 cloves garlic - pounded
2 tablespoon dried shrimps (soak in warm water for about 5 minutes then pounded)
chicken fillet (as desired)
fresh prawns (as desired, de-veined and de-shelled)
2 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoon sesame seed oil
1 tablespoon cooking oil
2 bowls of cooled cooked rice
How to cook Chinese Fried Rice:
1. Heat up the butter, sesame seed oil and cooking oil and saute the onion and garlic till the aroma wafts the air.
2. Add in the dried shrimps and chicken fillet until the chicken is cooked.
3. Add in the fresh prawns (you can add in some water if it gets too dry so that you don't burn the onions).
4. Add in the egg and stir till cooked.
5. Add a dash of pepper and salt to taste.
6. Lastly, add in the cooked rice little by little and mix well. (Taste the fried rice by stages to check the flavour, stop adding the rice when the taste is just how you like it).