Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Laura Mercier @ 1 utama


Laura Mercer Cosmetics


Laura Mercier - My Beauty Fix
Hmm.. it's been a long time since I last went for make up shopping.. and am running low on ligloss. So, after asking an elegant looking lady (in her forties but still gorgeous!) eating at the table besides us for her lovely shade of gloss, I headed for Laura Mercier at 1 Utama. 

It's jut one booth at Level  1, New Wing, 1 Utama in front of Parkson. 

What started off as 1 lip gloss only came to 2 lip gloss and a blusher, was very tempted to buy their creme eye shadow.. ooh what beautiful shades and gorgeous colors! But decided against it. 

Laura Mercier Lip Gloss; in Brick (Top) and Petal (Bottom)
I settled for "Petal" the lovely brownish gold hue that is very light on the lips and also "Brick" a red hue that is not too dark and not too bright just nice for my skin tone (slightly fair with yellow undertone -yup that's me, had I been fair and rosy, I would definitely go for pink pink and pink!)

Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc in Peach Mosaic


The blusher in Peach Mosaic is just irresistible, shimmering gold my favorite! hey.. it's to go with the gloss yeah? and I say just embrace your yellow tone skin full heartedly and make the best of it! 

On a side note, have you ever tried Kose compact powder? It glides on smoothly and gives great coverage, my current favorite after years of wearing clinique. Though it's slightly more difficult to clean, definitely must use the make up remover, normal cleanser will not do. 

KOSE compact powder for a great coverage

Then, it's back to the car park to head home, but since we have to pass by Parkson, I just have to swing by Estee Lauder and grab 1 more lipstick! This time a nude shade that's perfect for work or when you want to be subtle. The base lip color in "Cocoa Rose" and the gloss in "Brazen Berry" 

Estee Lauder Lip Gloss in Brazen Berry (left) and Lipstick in Cocoa Rose (right)

Too bad they don't have Elizabeth Arden counter here.. I would definitely stock up on my all time favorite pout "Berrylicious" now that's what I call sexy lips!

No comments:

Post a Comment