Friday, September 23, 2011

Sri Munawwarah Design @ TTDI

Sri Munawwarah Design at TTDI


A few of my friends asked me about Sri Munawwarah Design, the name is quite popular as they sponsored the hijabs of some popular television icons in Malaysia.

I have been there maybe twice but never bought anything. I think the prices are a bit too high for the design that they offer. Their designs are mostly plain and they like to use Lycra material (which I think looks great on people who are super skinny or have perfect form; but then again who has except models?) For the price that they are selling, I would rather buy silk or chiffon with tailored designs, like nice collars and silhouette, but that's just me.


Same goes with the tudung, I guess I am never a big fan of the instant tudung especially with floral designs. I am more of the shawls and embroidery / lacy designs, Mortada scarves are more to my liking and ermm those from Macy's at Abbas Sa'ad stretch in Cairo.. sigh.. how I wish I can go there to stock up.. but those were the days..


For those who loves Sri Munawwarah and need information about their boutique, it's located at:

14 - 16 Persiaran Zaaba
Taman Tun Dr Ismail
60000 KL


The shop closes early I think, maybe at 5.30pm, best to head there before then.


Here are some pictures from their blogger for you to have an idea of their muslimah wear, for more information you should visit their blogger at http://munawwarahdesign.blogspot.com/

I like the satin inner but would rather pair it with a shawl

lurve the flowy dress but not the Lycra material and the price, I can get one tailored at half the price at JB


Would consider wearing this if I am still working at a Mosque in Singapore


Map of their shop in case you want to pop by : 


View Larger

You may also like:

Jalan-jalan @ Busana Medan MARA
Butik Muslimah @ Kota Damansara
masker rambut kering
Resepi Masker Rambut Avocado + Yoghurt

1 comment:

  1. Salam..

    Thank you for your review...really appreciate it!

    Just to add - we do have non-lycra outfits ie from viscose, linen, cotton & other mixes...but somehow the lycra is the one which hits the market. we have styles for non-model sizes as well(as the owner/designer is not model size)..but you need to try the cuts to see which suits you.

    We also have more shops at 33 Jalan Tun Mohd Fuad 3 ( that is behind the row you highlighted) and 19 Jalan Tun Mohd Fuad 3 (which has cotton & linen blouses as well as household & interior stuff)....

    Our collections change every few months, as we make limited pieces of most of our items. For the more embellished items, they are seasonal, usually nearing the festive seasons.

    And yes - we usually do stick to simple, plain designs which give the flexibility of personal choice of accessories and can be worn longer.

    We are open 7 day week till from 9.30am till 6.30pm except on Fridays where we open at 11am (to allow for usrah for the staff) and on Sunday where we close at 6pm.

    Thanks again for your review...and do drop by!!!

    ina
    Sri Munawwarah Design

    ReplyDelete