Thursday, January 12, 2012

Banana Muffins Microwave Recipe

That's it, today's the day Gas Malaysia's technician is coming to activate the gas, after this I might use Microwave cooking lesser, though I have started to find it a very convenient way of cooking and less messy.

I decided to try a muffin recipe today for my first son since we have some ripe bananas on hand. Stumbled upon this recipe from www.cooks.com.


Banana Muffins Batter


Ingredients for a banana muffin recipe are as such:

1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup yoghurt
1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
1 and 1/2 cup unsifted all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp hershey's cocoa powder

Instructions:

1. Mix oil and sugar together, beat in the eggs.
2. Beat in water, yoghurt and bananas.
3. Fold in the flour bit by bit and the rest of the ingredients.

Pour into paper muffin cups 2/3 full and microwave 6 at a time on high for 2 to 2.5 minutes until done.



Banana Muffins tasted fine though it didn't rise up very high maybe because I didn't beat it well enough


I find the recipe very easy to follow though the hershey's powder is added in by me just for fun, the original recipe calls for nuts While trying out this banana muffin recipe, I found out that I didn't have a whisk with me, so I just beat the mixture with a fork. The banana muffins still turned out ok to me. This is a simple recipe for a quick muffin fix when the kids starts to ask for it. My second son couldn't stop eating it though I can't get my first son to try it cos the muffins looked too plain. I would have dusted it with some sugar powder if I have some. Still, not too bad since this is the first time I started baking again after having kids. Happy trying!


No comments:

Post a Comment