Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Beef Noodle Recipe / Resepi Mee Daging

Beef Noodle Recipe / Mee Daging Simple
(For Malay, sila skrol ke bawah)

I was thinking what to cook this morning since the fridge is overflowing with groceries, decided to cook beef noodle but can't seem to recall hubby's recipe (beef noodle was his signature dish back when he was studying in Cairo) and googling for resepi mee kuah came out with ingredients that are not in my overflowing fridge :p

So, I decided to go with my instinct, don't really know what to call this dish so I'll just label it as beef noodle, taste a cross between mee bandung and spaghetti (probably because of the fresh tomatoes that I used) my 21 months old son likes it, so I'm keeping this recipe here for my future reference. You are welcome to post comments to let me know how to improve on it yeah?

Beef Noodle Recipe:


1 medium sized onion
3 cloves of garlic
2 medium sized ripe tomatoes
1/2 tsp of cumin powder (jintan putih)
1/2 tsp of fennel powder (jintan manis)
diced tapioca (about 1.5 inch in diameter and 2.5 inch long)
some thinly sliced carrots
200 gm stir fry beef strips (more if you like)
1 tbsp sweet soya sauce
3/4 tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp tomato sauce
2 tbsp chilli sauce
some coarsely chopped baby corns
some water if it gets too dry

Beef Noodle Cooking Method:

1. Blend the onion, garlic and tomatoes.
2. Heat the frying pan and pour some oil (about 2-3 tbsp)
3. Pour in the blended mixture and add in the cumin powder, tapioca and carrots, allow to simmer.
4. Add in the beef until tender (at this point if you think the water is too low, you should add in a bit just to prevent the dish from being burnt)
5. Add in the tomato sauce, chilli sauce, soya sauce and oyster sauce
6. Lastly, add in the baby corn. Serve Immediately over your favorite pasta.

10 Jan 2014:

Yesterday, I tried again this recipe since I wanted to do something quick but I didn't have a few ingredients so I added in 2 tbsp of tomato puree, omit the tapioca and replaced it with diced potatoes instead, didn't use the baby corns and corn flour, added in 2 tbsp of sugar and a handful of finely chopped fresh coriander leaves and lots of water to simmer till the beef gets tender and also to get a soupy texture. Tasted great too :) 

Resepi Mee Daging Simple:


1 labu bawang
3 bawang putih
2 tomato ranum
1/2 sudu teh jintan manis
1/2 sudu teh jintan putih
ubi yang didadu (dalam 2.5 inci panjang, 1.5 inci diameter)
sedikit lobak merah yang dihiris ikut citarasa
200gm daging lembu "stir fry" dihiris memanjang
1 sdm kicap manis
3/4 sdm sos tiram
2 sdm sos cili
2 sdm sos tomato
sedikit jagung muda ikut citarasa
sedikit air

Cara memasak Mee Daging Simple:

1. Kisar bawang, bawang putih dan tomato.
2. Panaskan kuali dengan sedikit minyak dan tumis bahan kisar tadi.
3. Masukkan jintan, ubi dan lobak dan biarkan renih.
4. Masukkan daging sehingga empuk (tambahkan air sekiranya kuah menjadi terlalu kering)
5.  Masukkan cili sos, tomato sos, kicap dan sos tiram.
6. Akhir sekali, masukkan jagung muda. Hidangkan dengan mee kegemaran anda.

10 Jan 2014:


Semalam I cuba lagi resepi mee ni sebab nak kena masak something simple dan cepat tapi I bahan-bahan tak cukup jadi I tambah 2 sdm tomato puree, tak guna ubi tapi I guna kentang yg didadu kecil-kecil, I tak guna jagung muda dan tak guna tepung jagung. I tambahkan 2 sdm gula dan daun ketumbar satu genggam (dihiris halus) dan air banyak2 supaya daging lembut dan juga untuk mendapat kuah yang cair sikit. Not bad! :)  


Anda Mungkin Minat:

Thai Basil Chicken Recipe
farm in the city
Farm in The City
mandi rice kl halal food blog
Nasi Mandi @ Sawarbina

No comments:

Post a Comment