Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Thai Green Curry Recipe @ Resepi Ayam Masak Hijau Ala Thai

resipi thai green curry


This has got to be hubby's favorite thai dish.. so I thought yesterday I would make it for him from scratch, shouldn't be very difficult since it tasted a bit like Ayam Masak Lemak anyway, just add a few more ingredients :p

I googled search for the recipe and most of them use thai green curry paste which is not what I am looking for, so I googled search again for thai green curry paste recipe and got the basic ingredients used. Here I am not going to list down the ingredients separately since I think it's a waste of time. Just blend everything together and you are good to go. Oh, btw, I substituted thai fish sauce with sesame seed oil since I am trying not to cook seafood ingredients and meat together in the same dish. Do note that the fiery factor is toned down since I am cooking for my 3.5 year old as well so feel free to add more chilies or even use birds eyes chilies if you want.

My recipe for Thai Green Curry is as such then:

(serves 2-4 person) :
3-4 pieces chicken parts
1 medium size onion
3 cloves garlic 
2 thin slices of garlic
2 thin slices of galangal
7 fresh green chilies
2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tbsp sesame seed oil
(blend all of the above -not the chicken of course-)
1 stalk lemongrass - bruised
4-5 kaffir lime leaves
150gm coconut milk (more or less according to your preference)
3 small aubergines (or as much as you want to eat)
salt
a dash of ground black pepper
vegetable oil to saute

How to cook Thai Green Curry:


1. Heat up the wok with abut 2 tbsp of vegetable oil and saute the blended ingredients, lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves until its aroma wafts the air.

2. Add in chicken (Add more water if chicken is not covered) then cook with medium fire until chicken is tender (I usually take about 30 minutes).

3. Lower the heat and add in the coconut milk, aubergine, black pepper and salt and wait till it simmers. Switch off heat and dish is ready to be served!


delicious thai green curry recipe

Versi Bahasa Melayu:


Resepi Ayam Masak Hijau Ala Thai


Thai green curry adalah hidangan thai kegemaran Encik Suami, jadi semalam ingatkan nak masakkan untuk suami tersayang hehe.. takkan lah susah sangat kan rasa pun ada sikit-sikit macam ayam masak lemak, cuma tambah ramuan sikit-sikit je.. 

I googled search untuk resepi Thai Green Curry tapi kebanyakan resepi menggunakan Thai Green Curry Paste yang I tak nak guna, kita nak authentic lah hehe so I googled search again for thai green curry paste recipe dan dapatlah ramuan asas untuk pes thai green curry ni. Di sini I tak nak tulis resepi pes green curry secara berasingan, buang masa je kan.. kisar je lah semua sekali jalan senang! Oh, lagi satu, I tak pakai fish sauce sebab tak nak campur masakan laut dengan masakan darat hehe so I tukar dengan minyak bijan je lah (memandai je). I buat lauk ni tak pedas sebab anak I pun nak makan kan.. so kalau nak pedas tu.. sila tambah cili hijau atau senang guna cili padi :)


My resipi untuk Thai Green Curry:


(untuk 2-4 orang) :

3-4 keping ayam
1 bawang besar saiz sederhana
3 ulas bawang putih
2 hirisan nipis halia
2 hirisan nipis lengkuas
7 batang cili hijau
2 sdt serbuk ketumbar
1 sdt serbuk jintan putih
1 sdm minyak bijan
(kisar bahan-bahan diatas kecuali ayam lah kan)
1 batang serai - dititik
4-5 daun limau purut
150gm santan (lebih atau kurang ikut selera ye)
3 batang terung (atau seberapa banyak awak nak makanlah)
garam
sedikit serbuk lada hitam
minyak untuk menumis

Cara-cara memasak Thai Green Curry:


1. Panaskan minyak dalam kuali dan tumiskan bahan-bahan kisar, serai dan daun limau purut hingga wangi.

2. Masukkan ayam, tambah air jika perlu dan masak atas api sederhana hingga ayam empuk.

3. Perlahankan api, masukkan santan, terung dan serbuk lada hitam, didihkan dan tutup api. Siap!

No comments:

Post a Comment