Friday, November 4, 2011

Brisbane Travel : Mount Cootha Lookout

The Pavilion at the top of Mt Cootha Lookout

One of the places to get a scenic view of Brisbane City is Mount Coot-tha Lookout, if you are going there I think it's best to just sit and enjoy the view while enjoying your tea, the view is really breath-taking, but if you are not in the restaurants there's not much covered sitting space and it can be quite hot when it's sunny. 

I don't think there's any halal restaurant at Mount Coot-tha Lookout, so what we did was we packed some kebabs and had our light lunch there. My kids enjoyed running around the spacious area and the weather was windy and cool when we were there. 

I can just picture a romantic sunset dinner in the restaurant.. sigh.. it would have been wonderful. 

On the way down, don't forget to stop by the Botanical Gardens at the foot of Mount Coot-tha, I heard that it is a beautiful place with many different kinds of plants, waterfalls and statues. There is also a planetarium inside. I think my kids would have loved running around the area and admiring the flowers as my eldest son really love plants but we've had a long day and my mother-in-law needed to rest. 

You can get more information on the Brisbane Botanic Gardens Mount Coot-tha here.

Meanwhile, here are some pictures of Mount Coot-tha Lookout.

Mount Coot-Tha lookout
Mt Cootha Viewing Area


View of Brisbane river, unflattering due to my terrible photography skills
My son enjoying the breeze and a bottle of  iced tea 

I love this photo even though it's blurry :)

More beautiful pictures can be found on their official website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment