Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halal Sushi : Ramen Ten


Ramen Ten Far East Plaza Exterior

Ramen Ten Far East Plaza Interior

At the moment, I think there are only two halal certified restaurants specializing in Japanese food / sushi in Singapore; Ramen Ten and Hei Sushi. 

Ramen Ten has two outlets: 

Ramen Ten Far East Plaza
14 Scotts Road, #01-22 Far East Plaza, 
Singapore 228213
Operating Hours: 11.30am - 10.00pm (Daily)
Tel: (65) 6238 7983

Ramen Ten Clementi CityVibe
3151 Commonwealth Ave West, #02-05 Clementi CityVibe, 
Singapore 129581
Operating Hours: 11.30am-10.00pm (Daily)
Tel: (65) 6775 8862

While Hei Sushi has three :

Hei Sushi Downtown East
1 Pasir Ris Close #01-01/02
Operating hours: 11.30am - 10.00pm (Daily)
Tel: (65) 6582 8467

Hei Sushi Sembawang Shopping Centre
604 Sembawang Road #01-22/23
Operating hours: 11.30am - 10.00pm (Daily)
Tel: (65) 6481 9081

Hei Sushi IMM (Kiosk)
2 Jurong East Street 21, #01-K10 (kiosk)
Singapore 609601
Operating hours: 11.30am - 10.00pm (Daily)
Tel: (65) 6425 2583

Between the two restaurants, hubby and I prefer Ramen Ten as they offer spicy and fried sushi and spicy dry ramen yummy!

We were really sad that they had closed down the Tampines outlet, so now we have to head out to Far East Plaza should we crave for our ramen fix. Finally managed to head out there today and my kids had fun running around the shopping centre with its funky feel and decor. These were what we had.

Spicy Seafood Ramen
Sadly, it was not as what we remembered, this dish used to be our favorite in the tampines outlet and hubby and I used to fight over who gets to order this.

Teriyaki Chicken Dry Ramen 

Hubby and our no 2 loved it though I feel that the teriyaki sauce is a bit too much.

My Salmon dish that comes with rice, miso soup and chilli sauce for the fries


Hubby and I love the salmon, it was very tender, I love the miso soup, very tasty and one of the best I've ever tasted, slurped it down first before eating the salmon :p and my two sons chomped on the fries, which I think were a bit too crispy.

Here comes the sushi!
All right, so this is not a sushi! Its deep fried ebi

Deep fried prawns, our favorite in any restaurant.. 
Golden Fried Maki


Spicy Maki (left) and Ebikko (right)
 Ok, so it's pretty clear that we can't stomach sashimi or sushi with raw toppings and our tastebuds are not really authentic Japanese but hey that's why we love Ramen Ten, I think it serves Japanese food with a twist. Of the sushis that we ordered the spicy maki was maybe not for everyone, that red thing is chilli flakes! I almost gagged when I took a bite as I was quite unprepared. (Not that I haven't ordered this dish before, it's just that I think age is catching up with me) 

After lunch, I popped into some of the shops at Far East Plaza, oh how I was reminded of my teenage days.. such beautiful dresses and cheap too, shoes and shoes and shoes. if only my two boys were at home, I think I would have gone overboard shopping at the shops. 

Far East Plaza is the shopping centre to head to for trendy street fashion at affordable price, don't expect designer quality though most shops are knock-outs.There are also some tailors there that cater to the tourist. Small restaurants / coffee shops are also abundant (level 1 and also the upper levels), if you are looking around, it's best to explore the shopping centre a bit before deciding where to eat.

shoes shoes shoes, one of the many shoe shops at Far East Plaza

I just love the shirt and pants on the mannequin (2nd from left)

Wanted to grab this dress but the price put me off  (about $90++)

The seamstress measuring a lady tourist

No comments:

Post a Comment